Friday, February 15, 2013

Reflection 3 : Spreadsheet Reflection

  1. To be honest, this is the first spread sheet I have made in years! I learned so many new features about MS Excel! I watched all of the tutorial videos that were uploaded on my class file. In every video, I gained loads of information about all of the cool things Excel can do!  I never knew that you could highlight to gain the totals of information. This is very helpful and saved me a lot of time and calculation when adding my final grades.  I would integrate many productivity tools into my lesson plans.  MS Excel could be integrated into a lesson plan by having the student find weekly averages and having the teacher tally them into a chart. This helps the children understand averages, means, and modes. An activity I think would engage children using a spreadsheet is a plant experiment. A plant would be monitored over a period of time and the height of the plant would be recorded in excel once a week. After the growth time was over, the totals could be added and then the data could be shared with the class. Sounds like a fun experiment to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment